Try these gluten-free banana oat flourless muffins and satisfy your sweet tooth, the healthy way. Get the entire recipe and give em a try!
The mixture of bananas, greek yogurt, oats, and chocolate are an amazing and healthy combination that you're sure to love.
Flour-free and low in sugar, these moist muffins are not overly sweet and will satiate your stomach like nothing else.
Let's get started.
Gluten-Free Banana Oat Flourless Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas ( around 2 bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (made from blended gluten-free quick oats)
- 2/3 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- A handful of crushed walnuts or almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a muffin tray. Don’t use muffin liners because they will stick.
2. Beat wet ingredients together and mix dry ingredients separately. The oat flour should be measured after it has been blended.
3. You can fill the muffin cups with batter to the top, as the muffins do not rise very much. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
It’s not too hard to tell that these flourless muffins are a little different than your typical banana-chocolate flavoured treats.
The use of oats instead of traditional flour gives it a denser texture that gives you a feeling of satisfaction.
The muffins may be a bit foreign, but they are a great way to stay healthy.
Give them a chance and let us know what you think in the comments below!