You have no items in your shopping cart.
Thorne Research Phytisone Product Information
The adrenal glands play a critical role in our ability to respond to stress. Stimulation of the adrenals causes a release of cortisol, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and other chemicals.* These chemicals raise the heart rate, increase blood pressure, heighten senses, constrict blood vessels to the digestive tract, and raise blood sugar – all in an effort to rally quick energy to either meet an impending challenge head-on or escape a threatening situation.*
Chronic stress can exert a range of detrimental effects on bodily systems vital to long-term health, such as the immune, cardiovascular, neurological, and endocrine systems. To effectively adapt to stress, it is critical to optimize the functioning of the adrenal glands, and Phytisone may help.* A unique combination of adaptogen botanicals and nutrients, Thorne Research Phytisone provides the nutritional support needed to optimize the adrenals' response to stress.*
- Astragalus membranaceus is used, typically in combination with ginseng, to promote energy and support immune function.*
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) appears to have a modulating effect on cortisol activity.*
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) has the capacity to increase the bioavailability of other substances.*
- Ascorbic acid, thiamine (vitamin B1), pantethine (the active form of vitamin B5), pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (the active form of vitamin B6), and zinc are included for their strengthening and supportive role in optimizing adrenal function.*
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Please be advised: Thorne Research is a professional line and can only be sold under the recommendation and supervision of a practitioner.
THORNE RESEARCH PHYTISONE
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Vitamin A (as Ascorbic Acid)||250 mg||417%|
|Thiamine (as Thiamine HGI)||24 mg||1600%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||6.8 mg||340%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate)||2 mg||14%|
|Licorice (root)||25 mg||*|
|Eleuthero extract (root)||75 mg||*|
|Asian ginseng extract (root)||75 mg||*|
|Ashwagandha extract (root)||150 mg||*|
|Astragalus (Huang-Qi) (root)||100 mg||*|
|Ginger extract (root)||50 mg||*|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Magnesium Citrate†, Leucine†, Silicon Dioxide†.
† A hypoallergenic ingredient used to fill space. The ginseng in this product was harvested in Korea and China.
Recommended Use: Adults: 2 capsules three times daily or as directed by a health-care practitioner. Take with food. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications. Consult a health-care practitioner for use beyond one month
Warning: If pregnant, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.