Sisu Ester-C 250 Chewable 250mg
Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant and one of the best researched nutrients.* Most mammals can produce vitamin C as they need it, but the human system evolved without this ability, therefore we must ensure an adequate daily intake to stay healthy.* Vitamin C is found in fruits and vegetables, but it is easily destroyed by heat, cooking, processing and storage, and is rapidly eliminated from our system in the urine.* Inadequate levels of vitamin C may be seen in cases of physical and mental stress, older people and those with chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis, age-related eye disease, and certain cancers.* Vitamin C is best referred to for strengthening the immune system by supporting and improving white blood cell function.* It is also essential for the proper formation of collagen, the building block of many tissues and a crucial component in skin rejuvenation.* Vitamin C also helps to reduce histamine release in the body, thereby alleviating allergy symptoms.* There are numerous forms of vitamin C with ascorbic acid being the most basic.* People wanting a clinically proven form that is easier on the system than ascorbic acid may choose a form like Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate.*
- Ester-C is a unique, patented form of calcium ascorbate, which is made when ascorbic acid (regular vitamin C) is buffered with calcium using a water-based process.
- The calcium in Ester-C provides part of your daily calcium requirements.*
- Ester-C contains active vitamin C metabolites including L-threonate, which may enhance cellular absorption and retention.*
- Ester-C is the only form of vitamin C that has been proven to last up to 24 hours in the white blood cells of the immune system.*
- Less acidic and therefor potentially easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid.*
- Ester-C has a clinically proven higher bioavailability and retention rate than other forms of vitamin C.*
- Chewable tablets for those wanting to avoid swallowing pills
- Suitable for children*
- All natural flavours and sweeteners*
- Suitable for vegans*
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten*
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards*
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency*
- NPN approved*
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Nutrition Facts |
Serving Size: 1 Chewable Tablet
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Vitamin C from Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate and sodium ascorbate||250 mg||†|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
***Hydrolyzed vegetable protein Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Recommended Use: Adult Dosage - chew 1 to 3 tablets daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Children's dosage (4 and up) - chew 1 -2 tablets daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Other Ingredients: All flavours contain stevia leaf powder, dextrose, fructose, citric acid, silicon dioxide, guar gum, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable).
Citrus punch flavour: natural citrus punch flavour.
Wildberry flavour: natural flavours (black raspberry, raspberry).
Orange flavour: natural orange flavour, turmeric extract, beet root extract.
Contains No: Dairy, wheat, gluten, artiﬁcial ﬂavours, artiﬁcial sweeteners or colours