You have no items in your shopping cart.
Pure Encapsulations PhytoBalance Product Information
PhytoBalance is a standardized herbal formula consisting of alfalfa, rehmanniae, dong quai, licorice root, motherwort, chaste tree, wild yam and black cohosh extracts, providing multifaceted support for the body during the hormonal changes of menopause.*
- Alfalfa extract, providing isoflavones with mild estrogenicactivity.*
- Rehmanniae, mediating hot flashes.*
- Dong quai, promoting uterine tone and smooth muscle function, providing mild estrogenic activity, and mediating hot flashes.*
- Licorice root extract, attempts to provide a mild estrogenic effect and mediating hot flashes.*
- Motherwort, supporting uterine tone.*
- Chaste tree, acting on the pituitary gland and mediating healthy luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) secretion. Chaste tree also helps to mediate hot flashes.*
- Wild Yam, containing saponins that can be converted into estrogen-like compounds.*
- Black Cohosh, providing estrogenic activity and maintaining healthy luteinizing hormone (LH) activity. This botanical is supportive for hot flashes and promotes emotional well-being during menopause.*
Uses For PhytoBalance
Menopause Support: This unique formula contains phytoestrogens, natural substances in plants, which bind to estrogen receptor sites and exhibit mild estrogen-like activity. This formula also possesses uterotonic properties and moderates hormones including prolactin, LH and FSH.*
This formula contains:
Medicago sativa (alfalfa) extract, rehmanniae extract, Angelica sinenesis (dong quai) extract, glycyrrhiza (licorice root) extract (standardized to contain glycyrrhizic acid), Leonurus cardiaca (motherwort) extract, vitex (chaste tree) extract, dioscorea (wild yam) extract, and Cimicifuga racemosa (black cohosh) extract (standardized to contain triterpene glycosides).
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
PURE ENCAPSULATIONS PHYTOBALANCE
Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule
Amount Per Serving
|Dong quai (angelica sinensis) extract (root)||100 mg|
|Licorice (glycyrrhiza glabra) extract (root)
(standardized to contain 20% glycyrrhizic acid)
|Motherwort (leonurus cardiaca) extract (herb)||100 mg|
|Chaste tree (vitex agnus-castus) extract (fruit)||100 mg|
|Black cohosh (cimicifuga racemosa) extract (root)
(standardized to contain 2.5% triterpene glycosides)
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Other Ingredients: maltodextrin, tri-calcium phosphate, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
Recommended Use: 1 capsule daily, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Cautions: Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. For sensitive individuals‚ this formula may cause abdominal discomfort‚ nausea‚ headaches‚ and dizziness. Persons with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) or with a history of SLE should avoid the use of alfalfa products. Licorice may be contraindicated for individuals with hypertension‚ but typically not in the amounts provided by this formula.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
This formula may potentially react with certain medications‚ including: NSAIDS‚ corticosteroids‚ diuretics‚ blood thinning and other heart medications. Consult your physician for more information.
capsule daily, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.