Pure Encapsulations B-Complex Plus
B-Complex Plus is a combination of B vitamins, including vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, biotin, and folic acid (as Metafolin®L-5-MTHF), all of which are provided in their optimal bioavailable and functional forms.*
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl and pyridoxal 5’ phosphate), attempts to support amino acid metabolism, nervous system health, and neurotransmitter (i.e. GABA and serotonin) synthesis, which may help promote menstrual comfort.* Furthermore, pyridoxine supports healthy red blood cells by participating in hemoglobin synthesis and some studies indicate it supports wrist nerve comfort.*
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl), processing carbohydrates, fat, and protein via its coenzyme form of thiamine pyro-phosphate (TPP).* Vitamin B1 is required to form adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the key source of energy for the body.* Thiamine also promotes neural health.*
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin and riboflavin 5’ phosphate), metabolizing nutrients and participating in electron transport to form ATP. Riboflavin is an integral part of fatty acid catabolism or β-oxidation and helps convert folic acid and vitamins B6 to their active states.*
- Vitamin B3 (niacinamide and inositol hexaniacinate), supporting cardiovascular health by mediating healthy lipid and carbohydrate metabolism.*
- Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate), supporting cardiovascular health.* Pantothenic acid is vital in the healthy production, transportation, and breakdown of lipids.* Furthermore, this B vitamin promotes the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.*
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), supporting healthy nerve cell activity and DNA replication.* Vitamin B12 is a vital component of the methionine synthase pathway, which along with folic acid and vitamin B6 supports healthy homocysteine metabolism and S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) production.*
- Folic acid, promoting the production of healthy DNAand chromosomes.* Adequate folate status is good for nucleic acid synthesis and neurotransmitter synthesis. At the molecular level, the main function of folate is to donate methyl groups in key biochemical reactions occurring in blood cells, neurons, the vasculature and many other tissues. It is provided in this formula as Metafolin®, the naturally occurring universally metabolized form of folate. Metafolin® is chemically identical to the active folate metabolite, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF). L-5-MTHF is the predominant, naturally occurring form of folate in food. Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps, it is directly usable by the body and provides all of the benefits of folic acid regardless of functional or genetic variations. In conjunction with vitamins B12 and B6, folic acid helps to support healthy homocysteine metabolism.* Additionally, this B vitamin is important for the growth and reproduction of red and white blood cells.*
- Biotin, acting as a coenzyme for the metabolism of fat, carbohydrates and protein.*
Uses For B-Complex Plus
These B vitamins play important roles in nearly all of the physiological systems in the body.* Some of the key supportive roles include the maintenance of muscle tone in the GI tract, the functioning of the nervous system, and the integrity of skin, hair, and the liver.* Furthermore, these compounds may be essential for hemoglobin formation, nerve impulse transmissions, mood, hormone synthesis, and energy metabolism.*
Pure Encapsulations B-Complex Plus formula contains:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl): synthetic
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): corn dextrose fermentation
- Niacinamide and Inositol hexaniacinate: synthetic
- Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate): synthetic
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal HCl): synthetic
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin): corn dextrose fermentation
- Folic acid (Metafolin®, L-5-MTHF): synthetic
- Biotin: synthetic
- Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
Recommended Use: 1–2 capsules per day, in divided doses, with meals.
Cautions: At this time‚ there are no known side effects or precautions. If pregnant or lactating‚ consult your physician before taking this product.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Folic acid may adversely interact with chemotheraputic drugs.
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule
Amount Per Serving
|Thiamin (as thiamin HCl) (B1)||100 mg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2)||5 mg|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||100 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||10 mg|
|Folate (as Metafolin®, L-5-MTHF)||400 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||400 mcg|
|Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) (B5)||100 mg|
|Riboflavin 5' phosphate (activated B2)||10 mg|
|Pyridoxal 5' phosphate (activated B6)||10 mg|
|Inositol hexaniacinate (no-flush niacin)||10 mg|
|Ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)||16 mg|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Other Ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)