PRANA ORGANIC GROUND WHITE CHIA SEEDS
Ingredients: Organic ground white chia seeds.
May Contain: Sesame, nuts and soy.
Culinary Uses: Add chia to your favourite dishes: cereals, yogurts, smoothies, juices, cakes, soups, sauces, salads, dressings. You can also make delicious chia puddings with them! Do you have an egg allergy? Chia seeds are an excellent substitute for eggs! Soak 1 tablespoon of in 3 tablespoons of water for each egg your recipe requires.
Preservation: Preserve in a cool dry place protected from light and humidity for up to 24 months.
Prana Organic Ground White Chia Seeds
Chia is native to Mexico’s central valleys and belongs to the mint family. Often gifted to the Gods, it was the third most important food crop after corn and beans in the Aztec culture. Along with the Mayans, they were the first to cultivate the seed. Chia was rediscovered in the 1990s after having been ignored for centuries, and has been consistently rising in popularity since because of its numerous nutritional virtues.
Why eat chia every day? Chia is a complete superfood that contains many of the nutrients that our bodies need to maintain optimal health.* Being as versatile as it is, it’s easy to integrate chia in everyday diets and to take advantage of the wholesome benefits it provides:
- Enrich yourself with Omega-3: it only takes 2 tablespoons of chia to provide you with 100% of your daily requirement of Omega-3s.*
- Control your glycemic index level: chia helps slow down the absorption of sugar in the blood, which prevents spikes in your body’s insulin levels.* Because of this, chia makes a great ally to diabetics and the sweet-toothed alike.*
- Regulate intestinal transit: the high fiber content in chia helps to regulate intestinal transit and nourish the good bacteria in the intestinal flora.*
- Suppress your appetite: In liquid, chia expands to 10 times its weight which is why it is often associated with weight-loss.* Chia provides the long-lasting sensation of feeling full, preventing you from snacking between meals.*
- Kosher, GMO Free, Organic, Gluten Free, Raw, Vegan*
Add chia to your favourite dishes: cereals, yogurts, smoothies, juices, cakes, soups, sauces, salads, dressings. You can also make delicious chia puddings with them!*
Do you have an egg allergy? Chia seeds are an excellent substitute for eggs!* Soak 1 tablespoon of chia in 3 tablespoons of water for each egg your recipe requires.
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.