Lorna Vanderhaeghe Menosmart Plus
Menosmart Plus contains herbs that can halt hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings, lower cholesterol, improve vaginal dryness and much more.*
- May reduce hot flashes*
- Attempts to prevent night sweats*
- May relieve irritability and nervousness*
- Attempts to improve mood and concentration*
- May reduce vaginal atrophy and dryness*
- Attempts to ease leg cramps*
- May aid restful sleep*
- Use with ADRENAsmart
Suggested Usage: Two capsules at breakfast and two capsules at bedtime.
Warning: Not recommended for pregnant women.
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Black Cohosh: Black Cohosh is an ingredient used to potentially treat menopausal symptoms and the replacement of standard hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progestins).* This ingredient attempts to aid with these menopausal symptoms: hot flashes, heavy perspiration, headaches, heart palpitations, depression, sleep disturbances, vaginal atrophy (thinning of the vaginal walls causing painful intercourse), vaginal dryness, nervousness, irritability and loss of concentration.
- Dong Quai: Dong Quai may be beneficial for treatment for the symptoms of menopause, especially hot flashes, as well as for painful menstruation that causes spotting but no full blood flow.* It will also attempts to relieve too frequent menstruation (more than one menstrual cycle per month).*
- Chastetree Berry: Chastetree Berry, also referred to as Vitex, has no direct hormonal activity and is not estrogenic. Its main active ingredients stimulate the pituitary gland to produce a hormone that, in turn, increases progesterone. Vitex also inhibits the production of prolactin, which increases at menopause.* Excess prolactin triggers male facial hair growth and acne in women, among other symptoms. Excess prolactin is also found in women with low thyroid function.
- Gamma-oryzanol: Gamma-oryzanol, which is isolated from rice bran oil, may be helpful for the treatment of hot flashes, to enhance pituitary function and to promote endorphin release by the hypothalamus, thereby improving mood.* Not only is it a very effective substance for alleviating menopausal symptoms, but it also lowers triglycerides and total cholesterol.* This is especially important because women of menopausal age and beyond are at increased risk of heart disease.
- Hesperidin: Hesperidin, a potent flavonoid from citrus fruit, attempts to improve the vascular (vein) system and capillaries, thereby improving cardiovascular health and reducing bruising.* It has also been shown to reduce hot flashes and night-time leg cramps.*
|Nutrition Facts |
Serving Size: 2 Capsule
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis) Extract 4:1||100 mg|
|Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus) Extract 10:1||80 mg|
Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) Extract 1:1
|Sage Leaf (Salvia Officinalis)||75 mg|
|Gamma-oryzanol (ferulic acid)||75 mg|
* Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Note: Serving Sizes are rounded to the nearest whole serving
Additional Ingredients: Encapsulated in a vegetarian capsule (vegetable cellulose and water), microcrystalline cellulose, and magnesium stearate (lubricant).