Ecoideas Organic Sliced Tigernuts
Sliced Tigernuts are an excellent nut alternative and are extremely high in fibre (41%!). Use them to decorate the tops of cakes and cookies as a nut-free alternative to sliced almonds. Add Sliced Tigernuts to muffins or your cereal and yogourt for natural sweetness and a morning fibre boost!
Tigernuts are small tubers, not actual nuts – an important fact for those with allergies. Tigernuts are the fruit of a grass (Cyperus Esculentes). Its root tubers are distinguished by an unusually high proportion of fibre and a delicious taste.
Benefits of Ecoideas Organic Tigernuts:
- Nature’s richest source of FIBRE – 41%!
- Curbs the appetite (due to high fibre content).*
- Rich in phosphorous, potassium and Vit E and C
- Positive effect on cholesterol levels due to high Vit E content.*
- Gluten Free and naturally sweet tasting
- Suitable for diabetics.*
- Suitable nut alternative.*
- Helps to maintain a healthy colon.*
- Supports the heart and activates blood circulation.*
- Regenerating food for the nervous system Performance-enhancing as a high source of energy for work, school and exercise.*
- Valuable source of easily digested protein, carbohydrates and essential iron.*
- Provides high quality fats, with a particularly high oleic acid content.*
Enjoy as a healthy snack or with food.
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic Raw Tigernuts (Tigernuts are small tubers, not actual nuts!).