Beauty and health are intimately connected and true beauty is an extension of a healthy mind and body. As the health industry is increasingly focused on natural solutions to a wide range of maladies, a similar trend can be seen in the beauty industry. Natural beauty products are associated with a number of benefits from safety to environmental impact.
1. Natural beauty products are environmentally-friendly.
Many standard beauty products are produced from ingredients that harm the environment and manufactured in facilities that have a negative impact on their ecosystems. These products contain dangerous chemicals that contribute to water contamination, waste, and air pollution, so natural products offer an improved alternative for people who care about the earth.
- 2. Natural beauty products are a healthier option.
Naturally, beauty products that contain no chemicals, artificial colors, or other unnatural fillers are better for your body. People who have sensitive skin typically find that standard beauty products that can irritate your skin. In addition, many common ingredients in traditional products are associated with a wide range of health effects. For example, phthalates appear in many consumer cosmetics, but research shows these substances may cause damage to DNA. Natural beauty products are a healthier option because they don’t contain harsh chemicals.
3. Natural beauty products are kind to your nose.
Traditional beauty products use artificial fragrances to cover up the smell of other chemicals used in the production process. The overlapping effect of multiple chemicals, can have adverse effects in some people, causing headache, runny noses, or difficulty breathing. Natural health and beauty products smell like their ingredients, not a concoction of chemicals. Natural health and beauty products scented with natural essential oils can even provide effects similar to aromatherapy. There are a number of natural alternatives available to consumers, so the switch to natural beauty products may be a little overwhelming. Here are a few brands to keep in mind:
Founded in 2010, the Lorna Vanderhaeghe line of natural healthy and beauty products is the culmination of more than 30 years experience in the nutritional medicine industry. All Lorna Vanderhaeghe products are subjected to rigorous quality control and safety standards to empower women in their health and beauty regime. Two of their most popular products include GLA Borage Oil and Active Collagen.
- GLA Borage Oil is a natural skin product designed to improve your skin’s complexion while ameliorating the symptoms of psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. A few of the many potential benefits include helping you achieve beautifully smooth and glowing skin, improving calcium retention in your bones, and reducing menstrual pain.
- Active Collagen was designed to help women achieve healthier skin, nails, bones, and hair. Active Collagen by Lorna Vanderhaeghe may reverse the signs of aging by reducing wrinkles and beauty lines, may help to promote skin elasticity, and can even strengthen hair and nails.
A world renowned cosmetics company that specializes in 2 in 1 beauty products, Divaderme was founded in Italy by an integrated team of inventors, natural chemists, and artists. They manufacture an extensive range of beauty products for your lashes, brows, eyes, lips, and skin using natural ingredients. Their Cosmetics Brow Extender and Cosmetics Lash Extender are examples of two products that can enhance the natural beauty of your eyes.
- Divaderme Cosmetics Brow Extender is a semi-permanent product that provides natural looking colour to cover gray hairs completely. Their long-lasting formula is also infused with natural moisturizers that strengthen and condition your brows.
- Divaderme Cosmetics Lash Extender naturally lengthens your lashes while also making them appear thicker and more voluminous. One of the key benefits of this lash extender is easy of use – simply apply the product between coats of mascara. Plus, Divaderme Lash Extender naturally moisturizes and enhances your lashes.
Natural, sustainable products and a socially responsible business model have made Andalou Naturals a popular natural beauty brand. Their face, hair, and body products naturally protect your most important assets and all their products are sulfate-free, colour-safe, and vegan-friendly.
- Andalou Naturals Full Volume Lavender & Biotin Shampoo helps to improve the longevity and vitality of hair follicles for healthier hair from root to tip. This leading natural shampoo can renew dormant cells and support regeneration of healthy cells for thicker, fuller hair with a silky, strong texture.
- Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream soothes and nourishes even the most sensitive skin. 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream repairs damaged skin cells while also promoting healthy cell regeneration. Studies suggest this product may also boost epidermal regeneration and improve skin barrier function.
Though we’ve only touched on some of the products available from the top natural beauty brands, you can already see there are many viable and safe natural alternatives to traditional cosmetics. Whether you are sensitive to the harsh chemicals found in consumer cosmetics, or looking for a better product for your health and your environment, natural beauty products are a great choice.