Learn how to make these simple protein bars packed with stress-fighting ingredients for chilled out (and guilt-free) snacking.
Stress affects your mood, energy, skin, sleep, and overall wellness. When life gets busy, managing your stress levels may be the last thing on your to-do list. But, this can lead to a variety of not-so-nice health outcomes.
For example, if you are overly stressed, you might experience anxiety, overwhelm, restlessness, or acne. Even worse, your immune system weakens when faces with unmanaged stress. This can result in more illness and susceptibility to the flu and viruses.
What if we told you there was a simple solution to keep your stress in check? Better yet, what if this solution was a tasty snack that you could make in under 10 minutes?
You're in luck. In this post, we're sharing our favourite stress-busting snack. Keep reading to see the full recipe for these tasty protein bars!
Stress Fighter Protein Bars Recipe
These chewy protein bars are the perfect treat to de-stress and satisfy your cravings, all at the same time.
The creamy peanut butter and crunchy chocolate chips blend with the rest of the ingredients to create the ideal post-workout snack.
If you constantly find yourself snacking on chips, cookies, or other sugar and fat-filled treats, then you'll love this healthy swap. Not only can you whip these together in under 10 minutes (they are no-bake!), but they also keep you full for hours. Goodbye, late-night cravings!
Even more, they contain a secret ingredient that kicks stress to the curb. By snacking on these bars, you will feel more relaxed and back to yourself again. What's not to love?
Find the full recipe below!
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Double Rich Chocolate (or protein powder of your choice)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp Wild Country Pure Raw Honey
- 3 tbsp FATSO Classic High Performance Peanut Butter
- 3 Well Told Stress Fighter Capsules (just the powder)
- 2 tbsp Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips Gluten Free
- Add all ingredients to a large flat container
- Mix ingredients until fully combined
- Flatten mixture using the back of a spoon
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Slice into rectangular bars
Be sure to store these protein bars in the refrigerator. They can last up to 2 weeks, making them a great choice for meal-prepping.
Prefer to watch the instructions? Check out our full recipe video below!
The Secret Ingredient - Well Told Stress Fighter Capsules
Well Told Health Stress Fighter Capsules help calm the body and the mind. They are an adaptogen that adapts to your body's unique needs.
Here are a few reasons why you should add these supplements to your daily wellness routine:
- If you have a demanding job.
- If you have young children.
- If you experience fatigue on a regular basis.
- If you're going through an emotionally stressful time in your life.
- If you work out regularly and want to mitigate the physical effects of stress on your body.
- If you want to give your immune system a boost.
They are entirely organic, have no synthetics, fillers, isolates, soy, and are gluten-free and vegan!
Plus, they are made with powerful ingredients, such as organic reishi, lion's mane, and maitake. Take a closer look at the benefits of these ingredients below:
1. Organic Reishi: Known for its stress-reducing and immune-boosting properties.
2. Organic Lion's Mane: Has been shown to improve cognitive function and memory.
3. Organic Maitake: Used in Herbal Medicine to support the immune system.
You can learn more about Well Told Stress Fighter Capsules here.
Stress is a normal part of life. The issue is when you let it take over. Thankfully, there are many ways to manage stress so you can feel your best.
Besides trying out this stress-fighting snack, be sure to follow the tips below to care for your mental health:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes per day
- Ensure you are getting good quality sleep
- Connect with your loved ones
- Maintain a balanced and wholesome diet
- Limit caffeine and stay hydrated
- Practice self-care daily
Finally, we hope you enjoyed this simple and healthy protein-packed recipe. Leave a comment below if you are planning on making these protein bars at home!