Try out this healthy sourdough pasta salad recipe this summer! Perfect for a potluck or picnic, this healthy dish is sure to please everyone.
Looking for something to bring to your next potluck or picnic? Try this summer pasta salad recipe by Jamie Krause. Made with Kaslo Sourdough Macaroni Noodles, it's a healthy and tasty dish the entire family will love.
Grab the full recipe below!
Okanagan Sourdough Pasta Salad Recipe
Cook time: 15-20 minutes / Chill time: 2 hours, or preferably overnight Yields: 6-8 hearty servings (depending if this is your main course or served alongside your picnic fare)
- 2.5-3 cups uncooked Kaslo Sourdough Macaroni Noodles
- 1.5 cups heirloom grape tomatoes in an array of colours
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives in chilli oil
- 3/4 cup whole or sliced sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 container (approx. 1 cup) mini bocconcini cheese balls
- 1/2 – 1 whole package of your favourite flavour of Boursin cheese (in this recipe, we used Bouquet of Basil & Chive, but Shallot & Chive, Garlic & Fine Herb or Cracked Black Pepper would be just as delicious)
- 1/4 oil from the sundried tomato jar
- 3/4 cup of your favourite seasonal herbs (oregano, basil, parsley or dill – make sure the flavours complement each other if using more than one)
- Avenue M Microgreens in your favourite variety (we used Spicy Mustard for this recipe!)
- Avenue M Pea Shoots
- Coarse sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Optional: salami, chorizo or ham pieces if your family likes meat!
- Cook Kaslo noodles as indicated on package (typically 8-10 minutes). Strain, rinse, and allow to stand while you prepare other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine halved heirloom tomatoes, sliced sun dried tomatoes, pitted and chopped/smashed olives, and bocconcini cheese balls.
- Add strained pasta noodles to the bowl.
- Drizzle sundried tomato oil over noodles, and mix all ingredients well.
- Add fresh herbs of your choice, and stir to evenly distribute. If using more than one herb, make sure the flavours compliment each other. For beginner chefs, we recommend buying a few different herbs to have a fun taste test at home! Try sprigs of assorted combinations on a spoonful of goat cheese, or with grape tomatoes or pasta noodles to see what your tastebuds like!
- Stir in plenty of fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
- After chilling for 2 hours (or overnight, if preparing the day before), pour the pasta mixture into a serving dish – or if travelling with it, leave it in the storage container for the next step. If you find that your salad isn’t as oily as you would like, feel free to drizzle more on by the tablespoonful until it’s your desired oiliness.
- Gather up your Boursin cheese and Avenue M Microgreens and Pea shoots, and generously top the salad with them. Be sure to leave this until right before serving, so your delicate microgreens stay fresh and crisp!
- You could also stir some of the goat cheese into the pasta salad before adding it to the serving dish for even more cheesy goodness!
- It’s ready to serve and impress your guests!
We hope you give this pasta salad recipe a try this summer! Leave a comment below letting us know if you're planning to make it.
Finally, discover more healthy pasta options from Kaslo Sourdough Pasta here.