Learn how you can heal your gut with probiotics for better digestion, energy, immunity, and overall health.
You may feel like bloating, fatigue, and acne are a regular part of life, but they're not. They are the direct result of an unhealthy gut.
Thankfully, there is a simple solution: Probiotics.
In this post, we'll show you how to restore healthy gut flora by using probiotics. Let's get started!
How to Keep Your Gut Healthy With Probiotics
What is Gut Health?
Gut health refers to the health of the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the stomach and intestine. The stomach has "good bacteria" that help with digestion and ward off harmful bacteria and pathogens. Good gut health ensures your stomach has sufficient good bacteria and your immune system is working well.
Unfortunately, many people have poor gut health, which leads to various problems like poor digestion, stress, acne, and frequent illness. Common signs of an unhealthy gut include an upset stomach, gas, bloating, weight changes, and constant fatigue (to name a few).
How Probiotics Can Help Improve Gut Health
You've probably heard of probiotics before, but do you know what they are?
Probiotics are gut health supplements that contain live bacteria or yeasts that live in your gut and strengthen the digestive system. They form the microbiome – a collection of microbes in your body. The microbiome in your body is unique, and it has bacteria, yeast, viruses, and other microbes.
Good bacteria and yeasts are essential for gut health. Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are examples of good bacteria that live in your gut. Saccharomyces is an example of a good yeast that promotes gut health. These bacteria/yeast live in your stomach and help you remain healthy by:
- Assisting in the process of digestion by breaking down food
- Keeping harmful microbes in check and preventing infections
- Creating vitamins that help to strengthen the body
- Supporting the gut lining in its function of preventing entry of pathogens
Sometimes, good bacteria can be in short supply due to a poor diet or antibiotics that can kill the good bacteria. This directly affects your gut health and can cause stomach upset, poor digestion, stomach aches, and diarrhea. One effective way of solving these problems is to take a supplement or consume foods that contain probiotics.
Certain foods naturally contain probiotics. You would need to consume sufficient quantities of these foods to improve your gut health. These foods include:
- Sourdough bread
- Miso soup
Taking Probiotic Supplements
Sometimes, damage to your gut health can be quite extensive. In this case, eating foods rich in probiotics may not be sufficient to heal your gut. Probiotics for gut health can help you in such situations. These probiotics contain good bacteria and yeast that improves your gut health. These supplements are available in the form of pills, capsules, powders, or liquids.
Some of the popular probiotic supplements you can consider taking are:
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Mood+: This supplement contains probiotics that improve your mood and gut health. There are more than 16 strains of probiotics with 50 billion units. The supplement strengthens digestion and helps boost immunity.
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Once Daily Men's: This probiotic supplement is developed specifically for men's health. They have 15 raw probiotics with 50 billion units. They improve digestive strength and help in increasing immunity.
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Once Daily Women's: This supplement contains 16 strains of probiotics with 50 billion units. It is a daily health supplement that improves gut health and keeps in mind the specific requirements of women's health. It is an excellent immune-boosting vegetarian capsule.
Apart from these supplements, there are many other products that you will find helpful for gut health. Some of them include:
- Enyzmedica Digestive Gold: These capsules help improve digestion thanks to the use of probiotics.
- Ferring Inc BioGaia Protectis Drops: This product is in the form of drops that can help treat colic pain in babies, improving their gut health.
- Jamieson Gummies: This product offers raspberry-flavoured gummies rich in probiotics to improve gut health.
Putting it Altogether
If you are suffering from poor digestion, low energy, or any other symptoms mentioned in this post, probiotics can help you.
We hope you found this post helpful and can't wait for you to give these tips a try!