Need a little something extra this holiday season? Try this festive eggnog latte recipe!
If you are anything like me, the holidays are a hectic mess of holiday parties, shopping, and family gatherings. There are trees to decorate, gifts to wrap, and children to calm.
For this reason, it's important that you take time for your own relaxation. After all, it's your holiday too!
One of the ways that I unwind is by the fireplace with a good book and a steaming eggnog latte in my hand.
If you want to give this recipe a try, then keep reading!
Eggnog, rich in eggs and cream, is one of the reasons why this latte tastes so amazing. Here is the recipe for a homemade, satisfying eggnog latte.
Homemade Eggnog Ingredients
- 4 cups whole milk (option to use almond milk instead)
- 1 ½ cups organic palm sugar to taste
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups cream
- Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat on low for 5 minutes. Slowly raise the temperature and bring milk mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for approximately an hour.
- Stir in the cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg. Bourbon is optional and will vary in accordance with taste. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Eggnog Latte Ingredients
- ½ cup fresh eggnog (see above)
- ½ cup of Bulletproof Upgraded Whole Bean Coffee
- Add ¼ cup whole milk (option to use almond milk instead)
- Organic palm sugar to taste
Mix together eggnog, coffee, sugar, and milk in a pan and heat up. Pour into a mug and top with froth and nutmeg if desired.
Bulletproof coffee is the perfect blend to use in making a satisfying eggnog latte because it is designed to promote brain function and help control hunger.
Bulletproof works well with healthy fats and mixing it with eggnog is one perfect combination.
I love to drink this latte in the afternoon when I usually reach for my second cup of coffee. Not only does it give me the energy to continue the rest of my day, but also tastes great!
Enjoy your holidays!
P.S. Leave a comment below letting us know how you enjoyed this recipe!